Monday, June 22, 2009

Living the College Life

This week was the UNO Week in Residence. It was BOMB!!!!!!!!! I loved living on campus. We stayed at the Scott Residence Hall. In the morning we woke up to a FREE delicious breakfast of pancakes, eggs, sausage, bagels, and these weird croissant things with egg and cheese on them (they were also bomb). We rode the shuttle bus to the UNO Student Center. I liked the free transportation, plus you always get there in time for class. After class, we went back to the dorms. Right when we went back to the dorms it was lunchtime. After lunch we normally got free time to hang out, study, or sleep :) Then there was some kind of activity scheduled for us to do such as outdoor games, ice cream social, a mojo hunt, or a movie. At night it wa party/study time. Almost every night someone would pull out the boombox or ipod and docking station dn we would dance. But this week for many of us, was midterm week. Those who had midterms went and formed study groups with the other students in their class, after a little bit of dancing though.

This week was a good week for me. It gave me a good idea of what college life is like, living away from your family and getting to know new people. This week I got to know some of the other students better than I even thought I would. Coming into this program knowing nobody is a little intimidating, but this week I got to know almost everyone and am comfortable around them and know that I'm able to be myself and do something stupid, and instead of looking down on me they'll just say "Well thats Brazier for ya" or " Brazier you crazy" lol. And I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment